A Winner and An Announcement!
Hey all! I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to the 53 wonderful people who took time out of their busy days to give me some feedback on The Modern Austen. To say that I was blown away by some of your comments would be an understatement. There's a kind of fear that comes with putting yourself completely out there for someone to critique, but I shouldn't have been worried at all. These amazing individuals really affirmed my place in this blogging world and reassured me that I do deserve to be here and that I do share things of value. That means the absolute world to me. I took everyone's suggestions into consideration, but I was also surprised to read that so many people suggested that I keep on doing what I'm doing and being ME. What a wonderful gift that is to be valued as an individual and to know that I can take my blog wherever I choose and people will be there to read it. Thank you. That being said, one lucky winner was chosen, thanks to random.org, to receive a $10 Starbucks gift card as a token of my appreciation. In an effort to keep confidentiality (since the survey was confidential), I will not be announcing that name. Should I not receive a response to my email within a week, I will choose a new winner! Hope you enjoy your caffeinated beverages!
All of this being said, if you've been reading for some time, you probably know that I have been planning a redesign. Well, I've decided that the time is now! Now that I have all of your feedback and that I have been planning and planning and replanning, it's time to get started. What this means for you is:
- You won't have access to The Modern Austen for some undetermined amount of time :(
- You can keep up with me anyway on social media!
- You really should check out my FEATURE in The Smart Girls Guide Magazine- May issue! I am so beyond honored to have been asked to curate a round-up of really beautiful items to share with all of you. First person to find my feature wins a big virtual high-five!
I want to give readers a chance to read this announcement before I peace out for a bit, but I assure you that I will keep you updated along the way. When I return, expect to find:
- A fresh, new, clean design
- Easier ways to access older content
- Fun features and things to learn
- A run-down of designs from the very beginning
- A sense of renewal and excitement
Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly! I'll be keeping this post up for the day and then . . . it's time to get started. It'll be a weird time for me, but I think it's completely necessary. Miss you already!