Budgeting Blogger: February Budget
Budgeting Bloggers, hosted by Fran, is a great way to hold myself accountable for my clothing purchases each month. It helps to track my spending habits, identify trends, and streamline my wardrobe with more intention. Check out what other bloggers purchased this month! February was a little more expensive than I had hoped, but I really love everything I purchased this month. Except MAYBE the pants. I still have time to decide on those. Confession? I definitely used the wrong picture for the pants below. Oops. This picture is also not at all an accurate depiction of what I spent and what I purchased (most were not online!).Check out the full list below:
- Striped Lined Open Blazer - originally $98, paid $29.40 - I already shared my adoration for this perfect blazer and I do not regret this purchase for one second.
- Tailored Twill Bootcut Pants in Julie Fit in Navy - originally $59.50, paid $17.85
- (2) Perfect Crew Neck T-Shirt in White and Black/White Stripes - paid $6 each - total $12 - I have been on the hunt for the perfect white tee and so far this has beat out the competition. It doesn't stretch out and it isn't completely sheer.
Gap Factory Store:
- Strappy Sandals in brown/metallic- originally $29.99, paid $13.49 - I wasn't sure if I should purchase these since I won't be wearing sandals for months yet, but I have such a hard time finding comfortable shoes that I went for it.
- Boatneck Coral Long Sleeved Tee - paid $4.40
- Supersoft Striped Crewneck Long Sleeved Tee - paid $4.39
- Knit Striped Navy and White Skirt - paid $12.12
- Knit Shirt in Navy - paid $12.14
- Knit Shirt in Green - paid $15.75
- Woven Tunic Shirt - paid $17.64
- Reusable Shopping Bag - paid $3.14 but it took off 10% of my entire purchase (every time I use it for the next year), saving me over 10 dollars
Total Month Spent: $142.33
All in all, this month stung the most financially, but like I said, I'm bringing in pieces I will wear and remix consistently in the future. And I think I paid really good prices for everything! I have about four boxes of clothes that I am prepping to resell soon and I am really focusing on only bringing in things I really love and will commit to wearing.
March marks one year of Budgeting Bloggers for me! I can't believe how time has flown. As a result of a lot of thought and for the preservation of my bank account, I've decided to make March a no-spending month! That means I won't be purchasing any clothes during this time and that my March Budget recap will likely be extremely boring.
I've actually been participating in this spending fast for a few weeks now, since Valentine's Day, but I am determined to make it through March. I guess you could call it my Lenten project, but I'll be honest in that it's mostly to save money more than anything else. It's been really hard to resist buying all of the amazing spring stuff we put out in LOFT, but I think it'll be a fun challenge to try to make new transitional outfits with the clothes I already have. I know that my style and preferences have changed a lot, which is why I want to revamp my closet so much, but I think a little patience and time away from it all will be beneficial.
This is where you come in. I ask that you hold me accountable throughout this month! If you've been shopping with me before, you know that I'm usually the one who talks you out of everything-- I know, I'm that lame, practical friend--but this time it's your turn. I don't anticipate really wanting to purchase anything, but if I do, remind me of my ultimate goal. I'll be honest with you--I have wanted to do a shopping ban for a long, long time now, but I knew that if I posted it on the blog, there would be no wiggle room. I would have to be committed and follow through. And there were a few things I knew I really wanted/needed to get. But now there's no excuses and I am going to try my best. If I buy something, it won't be the end of the world--hopefully you'll be just as gracious ;)
I SHOULD put a little addendum here that should I get a job interview/job and find some major holes that need to be filled, I am allowed to purchase these items. HOWEVER, I don't believe this will be an issue at all considering I do have quite a bit of professional clothes.
Thanks for all of your support! Happy budgeting! If you want to join me during this spending fast, let me know so we can hold each other accountable and cheer one another on! It helps when someone is doing it with you. My friend Laura from Forever Above Me is completing an entire YEAR of no spending as part of the Greater than Rubies challenge! Isn't that incredible? She needs more support than I do, that's for sure :)