Vegetable Black Bean Quinoa Skillet
As per my friends' adamant requests, I decided to share a recent recipe of mine that is simply delicious and completely guilt-free, perfect for those of you resolved to eat healthier this year. I adapted this delicious Ready, Set, Eat recipe to include quinoa instead of rice and changed some of it up to suite my ingredients and needs. This dish will serve four and can be reheated in the microwave or on the stove. I probably wouldn't freeze it, but that's just my own personal preference!
- Olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups zucchini cut into rounds or strips
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with garlic
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup Quinoa, pre-cooked
- Shredded cheese to top
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and peppers; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, tomatoes, and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook your quinoa mixture. Add one cup of quinoa to your skillet. Stir well and cover.
- Remove skillet from heat and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
What are you making for dinner tonight? Ashlie and I are always looking for new ideas!