The Friday 5: v.4
Hello beautiful people! As you read this, I will be traveling to or already at Westminster for Homecoming! Last year I had a great time as a first-time alum and I am really looking forward to seeing how this year goes. It's amazing how you can measure growth and change just by your reaction toward an annual event. Last year I was DYING for Homecoming to arrive because I was so incredibly homesick and I still wanted to be a college student so badly. This year, I am just as excited, but it's not because I'm homesick necessarily; it's more because I need some comfort and happiness and Westminster IS comfort and happiness. And while I would LOVE to be a college student at Westminster again, I realize that my reasons for that aren't exactly the same anymore and I'm not as easily blinded by the fabulous features of college life. #grownupproblems?
Anyway, ENJOY your weekends and check out some great links below.
- Even though Free Willy is as sweet as can be, there's still something terrifying about Killer Whales. The upcoming documentary Blackfish exposes the truth behind the 2009 accident resulting in a trainer's death. It looks amazing.
- I'm not married, but Bon sure makes being married sound pretty wonderful even in its imperfections.
- We all LOVE a good Pin Fail, but we hate it when it's our own. Laura cleverly shares how to avoid a pin fail with the infamous "Sharpie-mug" DIY tutorial.
- Want to understand others? READ LITERARY FICTION! (Seriously, this. is. why. we. teach. it! SO good.)
- Alli from The Cheerful Closet started a really helpful series on Working With Your Closet. This is something we all should do, especially when we transition into new seasons.
And because I'm narcissistic, here are five things you might have missed on the blog: