It has been a crazy week and it'll be an even crazier weekend! I am off to my alma mater to visit friends and support them in Sing n Swing, the culminating activity of Greek Week. It's hard to believe how much has changed in a year. I can't wait to spend time with Aaron and friends.
Here's a recap of my week (from left to right, top to bottom):
- Isn't it beautiful?! With the help of my parents, I recently installed an IKEA Expedit shelf in my "craft room" and it turned out wonderfully. Check out the before and afters here. Trust me, you'll have second-hand embarrassment about the Before...
- School can be so lovely in the morning when the sun rises. Oh, and when there aren't any kids :)
- The anatomy of a school lunch: Zoo nuggets, curly fries, juice, and a roll.
- Homerun. Okay, so I lugged my camera and tripod to a little league field down the road to take some outfit pictures. No shame. Even if I am totally not wearing the proper footwear :)
- I took this photo the day after the Boston Marathon bombings. I was amazed by how the sun peeked among the gray clouds. It instantly made me think of this Ghandi quote, one I shared with my students later: "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; If a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
- BEST NEWS EVER!!!! My great friend and sister Chelsea sent me this beautiful card on Wednesday asking me to be a bridesmaid! I am so honored and excited. I haven't been in a wedding since I was a flower girl at age 5 I believe. :) I love weddings!
I hope you all had wonderful weeks. Enjoy your weekend! I have something exciting to announce next week!