Blogging for Beginners: Week Six: Tutorials and Tips from the Experts
I know you’re not usually supposed to solely share other people’s content instead of your own, but I feel it is important that I share some of the best resources out there all in ONE place as you go out on your blog adventures. In this little Blogging for Beginners series, we’ve covered the following:
Now I want to send you off with some helpful tutorials that have been instrumental toward my initial blogging process and will hopefully help you get started on this beautiful and wonderful adventure. After all, the whole purpose behind belonging is connecting with others and learning from one another. We ALL started where you are:
- Her New Leaf published a Blog Series called Primp My Blog that covers topics like creating fans-only content on Facebook, pitching and writing guest posts, creating social media buttons, and saving an image properly. I benefited greatly from all of these tutorials and I give Kira a lot of credit for helping me during my initial blogging experience.
- Sweet Verbana, typically known for DIY projects, shared an excellent post on Blog Design 101, creating a Header, Tabs, and Social Media icons
- VMac & Cheese created a Blog Tip of the Day series that focuses on topics like driving traffic to your blog, managing social media, and collaboration and sponsorship.
- Cre8d design shared this awesome Blog Design Resource for 2013
- Finally, Tots 100 created this list of 50 Ways to Grow Your Blog Traffic
I hope you have found this list (and the other tutorials) to be useful. Blogging can be extremely rewarding and fun, but it does take a little bit of research and effort. It is WORTH IT!
If you have followed this blogging series and started a blog (or refreshed yours), please share it in the comments below. I would LOVE to swing by and check it out. Thanks so much for joining me!
- Week One: Where Do I Start?
- Week Two: Choosing a Blogging Platform and Theme
- Week Three: Domain Name, Web Hosting, FTP
- Week Four: Creating Free Graphics
- Week Five: Built My Blog, Now What?